Would you like to become a member of United Enterprise Credit Union Ltd and start controlling your financial future? When you’re a member of United Enterprise Credit Union Ltd, you are our first priority and we will continue to commit to investing our profits into the convenient products, services, competitive loan rates and higher deposit rates you expect. In addition, you can apply for membership online at your convenience. It just takes a few short minutes!
1. Every member of the Society shall be: –
(a) an employee of Goddard Enterprises Limited, its subsidiaries and or its associated companies, or employees of former qualifying organizations;
(b) the spouse or child or a member qualifying in accordance with (a) above, or a relative of a member (relative means mother, father, brother, sister, aunt or uncle).
(c) an employee of the credit union;
(d) existing bona fide members; or
(e) a person recommended for membership by any two members who are in good financial standing
2. An individual who has not yet attained the age of sixteen (16) years may be admitted as a member subject to section 82A of the Act.
3. Where a member who has not attained the age of sixteen (16) years is required to execute any instrument or give any receipt, he may only do so by his parents or guardian.
4. In accordance with Section 82(3) of the Act, a body corporate may be a member of the Society subject to the approval of the Registrar.
How to get started
To become a member, simply visit our office and present the following:
- A completed Membership Application Form
- Two (2) forms of valid photo identification (Your National Identification Card, Passport or Driver’s License)
- Proof of your current home address – Utility Bill (Barbados Water Authority, Barbados Light & Power, Natural Petroleum Corporation, Landline bills for Flow and Digicel, Courts, Massy and Payce Digital are acceptable) or Bank statement in your name.
- A minimum opening deposit of BDS $60.00. This is made up of an entrance fee of $10.00, and membership qualifying shares of $50.00.
Additionally, if you are in another Credit Union, we will need written permission (correspondence between us and the primary credit union) before you can join our Credit Union.